Episode 254 – Kidnap

It’s the Max Fun Drive, everyone! So put down your phones and go become a member at maximumfun.org/donate, while you’re thinking about it! Everyone back? Good. Because we had a lot of fun watching the Halle Berry Taken-style thriller, Kidnap, and we think you can tell. Meanwhile, Stuart details problems with his Alexa, Dan speculates unfairly about swamp folk, and Elliott reminds us all he’s a father again.

Oh no! Replacing the windshield on that Chrysler Town & Country is gonna cost you.

Wikipedia synopsis for Kidnap

Movies recommended in this episode

Thoroughbreds
Good Time
Thelma and Louise

Tags: , , , , ,

March 31st, 2018

Ok, the reasoning may not be readily apparent, but Dan’s nemesis is deceased theoretical physicist Wolfgang Pauli, known for the Pauli exclusion principal that two fermions can’t occupy the same quantum state at the same time. Among other things, it keeps a white dwarf from collapsing into a neutron star. But, that’s not important right now.

2. Sam says:

Question about signing up as a donor, can you specify how your money will be divided between the shows you choose to support? Or is it all divided equally?

• C says:

It’s been mentioned in previous drives that you choose which shows get your money.

• Sam says:

I know. I am asking how specific can one be between the shows one chooses, for example if I sign up at the $5 level and pick two shows, can I ask that the $4 go to one show and $1 go to the other?

• C says:

Sorry, brain fart! No, the site does not have an option to specify that kind of ratio. There’s just a list of all the shows with check-boxes next to them. It also says, “Help us determine how best to allocate your donation,” so there does seem to be a degree of human agency on MaxFun’s end behind the specific portioning of donations.

3. Last Letter Writter says:

Share your Hallowe’en opinions, Dan!

4. Vardulon says:

Here’s a low-bitrate version for people with data caps!

5. Adam Thompson says:

The Nintendo Power Zelda comics did make sense. They reprinted it as a graphic novel a few years ago. The final issue was actually quite memorable, with a bittersweet ending that was better than the game’s ending.

6. Branden says:

I completely agree with Stuart about Friday the 13th VS Halloween. Halloween’s a complete mess of continuity problems… it sort of feels like random viewers took over the franchise and started filming their own weird fan fiction. The only Halloween movie I enjoy is part 3, the unloved stepchild, because it’s just downright bizarre (and ridiculous).

7. Larry Lastnamewithheld says:

Serious question, what does Elliot get out of the Trump jokes? They are not funny, and they tend to alienate some fans like myself. I love the show, but everytime he goes to that self-righteous well, I actually let out a sigh. It is so tired and lame. I get it, you hate Trump. I’m also not a huge fan of his. But I agreed more with him on policy than with Hillary, hence my vote went that way. So now, by implication from Elliot and the like, I have to be called a bigot, racist, and idiot because we disagreed over politics? Is that your point?

In contrast, check out how Wiger handles it on Doughboys. He is as rabid anti-Trump as Elliot is. Yet he has found a way to make his Trump jokes so silly that they are a treat whenever Trump comes up.

• John Lastnamewitheld (Dan's brother) says:

I think when Elliott is not talking about Trump, Dan and Stu should be asking, “What does Elliott think about Trump NOW?”

8. James Lastnamewithheld says:

Did the guys mention some other weird podcast that also had the word “flop” in the title or am I just imagining things?

9. tim says:

I highly recommend watching Paul Walker’s best movie “Running Scared”… it’s similar to this movie in premise but much better executed.

10. Armand says:

Hey Elliot, if you want to read the full Legend of Zelda comic from Nintendo Power, you can get it through Amazon. It’s definitely coherent and a fun read if you liked the old SNES game. Too long an Amazon link below: