Episode 252 – The Book of Henry LIVE

Another from our backlog of live shows! This one is from Toronto, our discussion of The Book of Henry!

This movie has nothing to do with steampunk rugby.

Wikipedia synopsis for The Book of Henry

Tags: , , , , , ,

March 3rd, 2018

1. WW says:

Yes! I’ve been waiting for this episode ever since I started hearing about this movie!

For the Flop House, it’s a save the Housecat moment.

3. C says:

Ugh, what a fantastic waste of everyone’s time that privilege question was.

4. Vardulon says:

Here’s a low-bitrate version of the episode for people with data caps:

5. Gerald Fnord says:

No, the question about privilege wasn’t wasted because the Peaches didn’t answer as if the universe were a perfect meritocracy and everything they’ve attained and achieved were got solely by their own efforts.

• C says:

But why would they? Anyone who’s heard an episode of the show knows what they would have said; there’s no point in actually asking when there are questions with answers that aren’t completely trivial. It was just an excuse for the audience member to feel good about himself for asking such a woke question.

• C says:

Heck, I wouldn’t even have minded a political question if the guy had only put some real thought into it. But there was no substance at all, and it just ended up making the hosts drop several minutes on reiterating stuff that they’ve already joked about in the podcast itself, minus the jokes.

6. James D. says:

Wait a minute: I thought this was a MOVIE podcast, not a BOOK podcast!

7. Vardulon says:

I honestly thought that the rideable Star Wars animal native to Toronto would be the Tauntaun, because of the GTA’s famous historic Tonton road.

8. Nicole says:

I used to listen to this podcast religiously, and stopped when it started feeling like “inside joke – the podcast!” right around the “we are friends” episode. Just tuned in for this one after months of not listening. When did this turn into The Elliot Show? I like Dan and Stewart, I want to hear from them! And I don’t want their jokes to be constantly bitchily undercut by Elliot. Learn to yes-and, man.

Meh, I’m done with this podcast. I’m sorry guys, I really wanted to like and support you.

9. The Mutt says:

The Book of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.