Episode #186 – Guardian of the Highlands

No show notes this week.

...of Ga'hoole

…of Ga’hoole

Tags: , , , , ,

September 5th, 2015

1. charlie blimey says:

Here is the wiki entry for you. I’ve never heard of it by this name either…

2. Ed from England says:

For me, Christmas would not be complete without a viewing of The Snowman. I showed it to my non-British girlfriend one year and she had basically the same reaction as when I showed her Doctor Who. “You show this to children? This is why you have so many problems.”

Smallgust — It should be Smallgust. No reason.

4. Ufotofu9 says:

Geez, I’m from Connecticut, and I’m glad I’m only just hearing about this “Leather man” until now.

I lived in CT for 18 years, and I have never heard of the Leather man once. We do have a haunted house in my hometown of Simsbury, CT. It used to be a Chart House but then the name was changed to Abigail’s after Abigail Pettibone, a young woman who was killed in the house in the late 18th century and is claimed to haunt Abigail’s Tavern.

5. Nina says:

Most Don Bluth films have a very distinctive look. I always found, even as a kid, the designs of many of his characters to be really lacking in personality. Everything was just so over-the-top “cute”: disconcertingly long eyelashes and puffy cheeks, and really fleshy – characters always looked like they were made of dough. And then usually given some sort of nondescript piece of clothing like slippers or a hat because CUTE. And that’s all they were. The design of the dog Hero in “Thumbelina”, to me, is sort of the quintessential Don Bluth character design. A weird patchwork of discordant, stereotypically “cute” attributes that don’t come together in any truly cohesive way. That’s not to say I don’t have a soft spot for Bluth films. “A Troll in Central Park” is objectively terrible, but I kind of dig the stinkers like “Pebble and the Penguin” and “Rock-a-Doodle” in a nostalgic sort of way.

• Christy says:

Secret of Nimh and Land Before Time are probably some of his best. As a kid i was obsessed with All Dogs Go to Heaven, but upon watching it years later as an adult i was horrified by how little sense that film made.
      Anyways Bluth film’s most distinguishing characteristic is probably Dom DeLuise as every doofy character.

6. Andy says:

Man, that Stuart guy is TERRIBLE at doing Netflix.

7. Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of
    this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability
    and visual appearance. I must say you’ve done a very good
    job with this. In addition, the blog loads super fast for me on Opera.
    Superb Blog!