Episode 256 – Power Rangers

Because they haven’t gotten around to a gritty Saved by the Bell reboot, we discuss Power Rangers. Meanwhile, Elliott gives us the local news report, Stuart calls Elliott to task for the laziness of his impressions, and Dan inadvertently says the grossest thing that’s ever been on the show.

Your nostalgia is killing us.

Wikipedia synopsis for Power Rangers

Movies recommended in this episode

You Were Never Really Here
It Comes at Night
Private Parts

Tags: , , , , ,

April 28th, 2018

1. Adam last name withheld says:

Who’s this Stuart Weillington fellow that got tagged? Sounds like an interesting fellow.

2. C says:

I’m about ten minutes in, but I just want to say that I really appreciate Elliott’s syncing in this episode! I knew you guys would get a handle on it.

Minor note: You might want to fix that “Stuart Weillington” tag.

3. C says:

Dan does not inadvertently say the grossest thing on the show. Elliott completely deliberately says the grossest thing on the show. I had to shower to get that joke off me!

I mean, clearly if you’re looking for baby names, look no further than Therm Scissorpunch.

5. Matt says:

I know Elliott’s a dad now but that doesn’t mean you have to go out of your way to mispronounce names of kids’ media.

(I know I’m probably the umpteenth person to get all snooty about Zordon’s name but it just reminded me so much of my dad doing the same when I was a kid.)

6. Gerald Fnord says:

The “Toy Story”-toys-get-melted-down-and-turned-into-sex-toys plot raises two questions for me:
    0.) What sex-toy would Wallace Shawn voice?, and
    1.) How has “Robot Chicken” _not_ done this yet?

7. thomas lockhart says:

Fyi the toy story sex toy thing is actually an old mad tv skit.

8. Christoph says:

So like… Stuart’s pronunciation of Wendy’s in this episode is far worse than anything Dan has ever said.

9. Christoph says:

If anybody actually cares, I think the “legal situation” Stu was referring to was maybe the red ranger actor from Wild Force killing his roommate. There was also something about a former actor on the show pretending to want to buy a yacht from an elderly couple and then killing them…