Episode #245 – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

We’re doing another podcrawl, along with Read it and Weep and Too Beautiful to Live! They covered the first two of the original Ninja Turtles movies, and we covered Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III aka the one where they go back in time and wear samurai garb that is somehow fitted to giant turtles. Meanwhile, Stu reveals Elliott’s diaper secret, Dan has an energy drink scam, and Elliott poses a question about inter-generational incest.

Turtles on horseback? Now I’ve seen everything!

Wikipedia synopsis for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

Movies recommended in this episode

Lady Bird
Found Footage 3D
Sawdust and Tinsel

LIVE SHOWS

Dec. 9 –  San Francisco, at the Marines Memorial Theater

Tags: , , ,

November 25th, 2017

Turtles in Thyme is a very simple recipe for spiced turtle. But, that’s not important right now.

2. Christoph says:

Ohhhh this makes me happy. I watched this movie about a hundred times as a kid. Haven’t listened to it yet but there better be some riffing on “shwing”

3. Mister Donkey says:

I did find other movies that have turtle twice in the title:
    Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Turtles Awesome Easter

4. gratch says:

I must say I’m a little surprised that they did an entire episode talking about TMNT and Elliott didn’t once mention “Biker Mice from Mars”.

5. Linneus says:

“We begin in Japan, 1603″… A line said not too long before the time stamp of 16:03!

6. Jimmy Cheese says:

This episode feels especially relevant, since I just watched the trailer for a new direct-to-video Batman anime movie where he and the Joker travel back in time to Feudal Japan.

7. Branden says:

So… Elliott mentions he was kicked out of camp once, and no one asks him “Why???” Let the speculations fly!!! 😉