Episode 200 – Nothing but Trouble

It’s the moment we promised would never happen: we watched Elliott and Dan’s stated least-favorite movie of all time, Nothing but Trouble. (Don’t worry – despite Elliott’s joking claim that if we ever did this film it would be our last, this is NOT our final episode). And to help us out with this special MAX FUN DRIVE episode (donate!), we welcome self-proclaimed minor television celebrity, Mr. John Hodgman. Meanwhile, Elliott breaks out his “Jane Campion accent, Stuart reveals his popcorn secrets, And Hodgman joins in at making fun of Dan’s pronunciation.

The Sting
Witchtrap
Broadcast News
The Housemaid

All at the peak of their careers.

Wikipedia synopsis for Nothing but Trouble

nbuttroub

Remember, if you want access to the FLOP HOUSE BONUS EPISODES, including this year’s LIVE SHOW ABOUT “ENTOURAGE” you can only get access by becoming a MAXIMUM FUN DONOR and supporting the shows you love.

Listen to more John Hodgman over at his own show JUDGE JOHN HODGMAN!

CdzYDMJUIAA1Gqo.jpg_large

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

March 19th, 2016

1. steve says:

haven’t listened yet, but i think it’s funny that this episode is itself a good 30+ minutes longer than the actual movie

2. Jason says:

I hope that everyone is OK. Post “Nothing but Trouble” syndrome or PNBTS occurs in 80% of viewers. Keep an eye on Elliott.

3. Jaime says:

Wait, that isn’t what New Jersey looks like? Anyhow, it seems that between “Gods of Egypt” and “London Has Fallen” that Gerard Butler is campaigning pretty hard for his own theme month.

Saw this a number of times on video, largely just to share with others how utterly insane it was. So hard to believe these otherwise competent people ended up with this mess.

5. practicallyevil says:

@ 7:28 – Oh, so that’s what happened to that guys hat.

6. Poop Butt McGee says:

Elliot doesn’t like Christmas Vacation? What the hell?

7. Fucking Pumped says:

NO FUCKING WAY. Torn between wanting to crack this open immediately and waiting until my future child is of legal flopping age so that we can share a glass full of Nothing But Trouble together.

8. Edward says:

Oh my god. I’ve actually seen this movie. . . horrible flashbacks ensued after watching the trailer.

9. Alex says:

This is the most “So bad it’s horrible” movie I’ve ever seen. It’s so terrible I was considering not listening to this episode, you were wise to include John Hodgman to counteract the hellishness.

10. Phil The Thrill says:

I cannot stress how insane this movie is. It’s possibly the most incomprehensible film they’ve ever done. Foodfight is an obvious contender, but something about it being animated ameliorates a bit of the weirdness. NBT is live action and just so… so bizarre.

11. Cara says:

Nothing But Trouble, “an oasis of horror in a desert of boredom” … Dan, yes? maybe?

12. As a kid, the hot-dog dinner scene disturbed the shit out of me. I was kind of into Mr Bone Shredder, tho. Say what you want about this movie but a lot of images from it are burned into my memory forever, so, that’s something

13. Other Chris says:

Great episode, Hodgman’s hilarious… but seriously, who the hell doesn’t like Christmas Vacation???

14. SteveD13 says:

Loved the episode, but it wasn’t until I saw the picture of Dan Ackroyd that it all came rushing back to me. I must have suppressed it deeply because I can remember watching it when it first came out on cable and thinking, What is this?

I was however disappoint with the flop crew because they did not have knowledge of any post-apocalyptic Sunday newspaper based cartoons. It is a niche market I admit, but one that is well covered by Jason Yungbluth’s comic, Weapon Brown, a tale in which the Charlie Brown turns into cyborg super solder who roams the wasteland as a gun for hire.

15. Patrick says:

I’m just sad they never commented on the fate of Chevy’s cherry ride, considering it was the inciting and dramatic thrust of this incredibly well conceived and written cinematic experience.

16. Ken says:

Oh man I’m going to pour myself a fine Boudreaux and cook up a nice rib eye and savor this episode

17. Pingback: Podcast Recommendations | Random musings

18. Rob Connolly says:

I love this film! I don’t care who knows it. Being a UK citizen may give me a different perspective than you jaded Americans, but I would *still* vend the blood of my first-born to pay for a copy of this.

19. Pingback: 269. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE (1991) | 366 Weird Movies

20. Randa says:

I’ve seen this movie at least 20x. I don’t care who knows. I also compared to after pregnancy belly to the diaper twins’ bellies.