Episode #188 – Unfriended

It’s the most magical time of the year! SHOCKTOBER! And this year we’re kicking off with the millenials-on-a-computer-screen shocker Unfriended. Meanwhile, Dan reads movie ad copy, Elliott talks Quidditch injuries, and Stuart reveals his poop fears.

51T76pVZNGL._AC_UL320_SR224,320_

In Skype, everyone can hear you scream.

The Visit
The Leopard Man
The Late Show

Wikipedia summary of Unfriended

Tags: , , , , ,

October 3rd, 2015

1. Christoph says:

Wait… Unfrinded?

2. Dave says:

Before listening, prediction: movie they all kind of liked. The premise sounds dumb, but this movie is actually pretty good. If you can get past the #Teenz

3. Sam says:

Unfriended actually was the better of the two big Found-Footage-y movies this year. Not great, but a good bad film. The Gallows was plain awful

4. CH says:

Crossover episodes, heck yeah! The McElroy clan and the, uh, Flop brothers(?) are collectively my favorite things in the podcasting world.

5. Mac says:

Jet Li (Jelly) wasn’t in Iron Monkey. You were thinking of Donnie Yen. Maybe both will cameo in Unfriended 2.

6. Fauna says:

I feel like the ending of the movie would have been better without the jumpscare of AAA! A GHOST BEHIND MY COMPUTER! Like, blugh. [More refined spoilers:] It’s so much more poignant an ending to have the film end with the last girl alive, witnessing the aftermath of the reveal of bullying someone to the point of suicide.

And the curling iron death was hard to watch, like, eeeewww.

7. Jason Suto says:

I think they were playing a prototype of Wipeout for the Playstation in Hackers.

8. Michael says:

Are We There Yet?

I’m not sure this is answerable

9. Sam says:

I can’t download this podcast because I am at work without internet and its over 100mb THANKS APPLE. ‘__’

10. Conman says:

I need some help. In a recent episode, Elliott thanks a listener for recommending something he is enjoying. I want to say it’s another podcast. It’s got a 1 word title or a very short title. I thought this incident was in this episode or Fateful Findings. I re-listened to both and didn’t hear it. Anyone remember what it was he was talking about?