Episode #172 – Legends of OZ: Dorothy’s Return

There’s just something about a terrible kids’ movie that brings out the best (?) in us, so we dive headfirst into the CGI flop Legends of OZ: Dorothy’s Return. Meanwhile, Stuart gives important advice to our kidnapped listeners, Dan inadvertently pitches the new hit movie “Uncatchable,” and Bizzarro Elliott makes an appearance.

Dorothy_of_Oz_Poster

Somehow more terrifying than Return to OZ.

Wikipedia synopsis for Legends of OZ: Dorothy’s Return

Movies and TV recommended in this episode:

Sorcerer
Wild
Logan’s Run

Come see Stuart introduce a rare 35mm screening of Castle Freak at the Alamo Drafthouse, Yonkers on Feb 21. The freak himself will be in attendance!

Thanks to our sponsors, Audible and Squarespace.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

February 21st, 2015

OK, I got my hand free and removed my blindfold. The only obvious exit is Dennis. There is a flask here, but I cannot get ye flask. Any advice.

Weirdest setup/payoff is White House Down which has the setup of the main character missing his daughter’s flag thing, not to set up that he’s a bad dad, but to establish that she knows how to wave a flag. That way we aren’t surprised when she grabs that flag and it doesn’t explode or I don’t know what.

• Gzoref says:

That’s really funny. I did catch that, and I’ll be damned if at the end she didn’t wave that huge flag for all she was with.

I can’t think of a stupider one right now, but I’m sure it exists.

3. Peter Tupper says:

Not one “Surrender Dorothy” joke? For shame.

4. Andy says:

Great episode, Peaches. Dan finally told one of his co-hosts to “shut the f*** up” which was hilarious and strangely cathartic for me. I like empowered Dan.

5. Jeff says:

Elliott asked for it, so here it is: a poster for THE DARK KNOTT.

Not the one-sheet the premise deserves, but yada yada you get the idea…