Episode #150 – Grudge Match

We talk about Grudge Match, the movie that pretends DeNiro has a chance against steroidal Stallone. Meanwhile Dan discusses Kevin Hart’s need to do only Kevin-branded movies, Elliott uncovers Sean Connery’s strange belief he’s in every movie, and one of Stu’s relatives makes an unexpected appearance.

No Punchy for Old Men

Wikipedia synopsis for Grudge Match

The Set-Up
Under the Skin
The Raid 2

LIVE SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT!

We’re delighted to be doing a live show at the Alamo Drafthouse (Yonkers, NY branch) — what we hope is just the first of many. We will again be joining with I Love Bad Movies to present a live screening, this time of the Mick Garris/Stephen King “horror film” SLEEPWALKERS. There will be presentations, bits, and of course the Original Peaches riffing over the entire movie. Tickets are already going fast, so get yours now!

Saturday, May 10, 2014
7:30 PM
$12
Address: 2548 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10710
Phone: (914) 226-3082

Tags: , , , , ,

April 19th, 2014

1. J. Thunder says:

I wish there was an eccentric billionaire crazy enough to bankroll a “We Need to Talk About Kevin” franchise.

2. Jeff of the clan Last Name Withheld says:

Although my film knowledge pales in comparison to that of the floppers, I am a bit disappointed in them. Not a single one of them jumped on Stuart’s comment about the boxing and alien theme of this week’s episode/recommendations and recommended the film Meatballs Part II. A film that features both!

3. The Kevin Samurai, Kevin Can Wait, Passenger Fifty-Kevin…

4. Cuggybear says:

“Rocky & Bull Wrinkles” muah ha ha hah, I’m so droll

5. Paul says:

Hey! The housecat made an appearance! I thought he was too big for this podcast ever since he had his own music video.

6. Mathew says:

I just wanted to say that I learn a lot of useful trivia from this show.

7. Sassiepants says:

I’m always stoked when a new pod comes up. You have become my new favourite podcast. Keep at it, nothing makes me laugh like a good flophouse episode

8. Emily says:

You missed the opportunity to name your new, chocolate-themed, fictional Bond villian: Brownfinger.

Eww. I grossed MYSELF out.