Episode #216 – The Gallows

On this final SHOCKTOBER episode we discuss the noose-is-loose would-be chiller The Gallows. Meanwhile, Elliott somehow weasels his way out of doing a Muppet voice, Stuart reveals Dick Tracy’s bias against the disabled, and Dan somehow doesn’t let the movie’s plotting make his head explode.

the_gallows_poster

Buck up, li’l camper!

Wikipedia synopsis for The Gallows

The Handmaiden
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Lemora: A Child’s Tale of the Supernatural

Tags: , , , , ,

October 29th, 2016

1. thespacepope says:

when i first saw the trailers to this i had a feeling it’d get flopped. glad to see it, but sad to see another shocktober come to an end

2. Alex says:

Wow, twist ending!

3. Other Chris says:

Oh Floppers, dear Floppers… That’s Forest Whitaker in the upcoming Star Wars flick, NOT Charles S. Dutton!

4. M says:

Around 1:19 you say Charles S Dutton is in the new Star Wars. I wonder if you mean Forrest Whitaker.

5. Amanda Hamilton says:

Dino-storm…I think I have the title for my junky eighties Saturday morning cartoon

6. I’m not sure if your mouse husband reads the comments section Dan, but the movie I saw most recently that made me cry far too much far too often was “The Little Prince” recently released on Netflix. I don’t know why it did, but it certainly found the missing piece of armor covering my soft pink underbelly. Thanks for staying far too funny.

7. Random Stranger says:

Thousands of people can be dismembered in a film – men, women, children – and I feel nothing. But when an animal gets hurt…..

I also once remember crying during The Waterboy – but for the life of me I can’t remember why. Must have been a difficult time in my life… or something. ‘You get’em Waterboy!’

And for the record, The Gallows turns in at a slim 81mins. This podcast on The Gallows is a shade under two hours – and infinitely more entertaining.

8. Elliott Kalan says:

I blame Stuart for the Dutton/Whitaker mix-up. I never watched the full trailer but he’s seen it lots of times!

9. Nibs says:

I’m confused about the real bad guy in this movie: did you say a noose or anus?

10. Caleb says:

So I totally missed a goof ’em up early on and totally thought Vincent Gallo was in this for about ten minutes.

11. christine says: