Episode #202 – Burnt

On this episode we run through a tasting menu of Bradley Cooper’s assholish behavior in the bad-boy chef movie, Burnt. Meanwhile, Elliott recites some lewd Dr. Seuss, Stuart drops some Friday the 13th science, and Dan suggests a new sort of nativity.

His Girl Friday
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
The Tin Drum

'Sup?

‘Sup?

Wikipedia synopsis for Burnt

Tags: , , , ,

April 16th, 2016

1. Mason says:

Podcast over. Man… time to start livin’ – ya know?

Seuss already had the Seven Lady Godivas, so adult Seuss would just be an extension of that.

3. Tim says:

Attending my local library, I took a look at the one-dollar castoff items that were deemed not worth keeping in their collection. To my surprise (and pleasure?), I found: GI Joe Rise of Cobra, Gangster Squad, Hansel and Gretel (Witch Hunters), Immortals, Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance, From Paris with Love, The Ninja Turtles, Total Recall (remake), RIPD, Repomen,Pompeii and Season of the Witch. A veritable treasure-trove of Flops. (They also had Stuart recommendations Last Stand and Space Jail). Would you recommend picking up any of these for a buck?

4. Luke says:

I’m very disappointed in you for not picking up the very obvious pun of “calamurray”

5. adam says:

I like the idea that you guys will eventually get bored with the Bad Movie shtick and the podcast gradually converts to an audio advice service. You should at least solicit Dear Prudence type letters and try it out for an episode. Here I’ll start: I am currently teaching English in China. Would is be immoral to sleep with one of my students, even though I am only three years older than her? I look forward to your council.

• Gerald Fnord says:

As long as you can give the student a grade or otherwise influence their life for good or ill, you can’t ethically do that.

Even just practically, going out with your student or having broken-up with them could severely degrade your effectiveness as a teacher, both of this student and the others.

…and it’s ‘counsel’ you want, unless maybe you wanted the Peaches to send over a bunch of Jedi or U.N. members or Presidential appointees worried about economic advice or physical fitness.

6. Will says:

Check out the short film Jason vs Predator

JUST KIDDING! You can recreate your own ending to that film in Mortal Kombat 5!

7. Tom Storch says:

It’s Toby Damnit! Dan was right!

8. Gerald Fnord says:

Given that Bradley Cooper got a lit of exposure playing the lead in the “Kitchen Confidential” situation comedy, and this character sounds like a bad screenwriter’s take on Anthony Bourdain pre-fame, that ‘I thought you killed yourself.’ won’t have aged well.

Not seeing anyone outside of the restaurant world does in fact sound like the life Bourdain described.