Episode #154 – I, Frankenstein

Yes, Elliott, it should be called I, Frankenstein’s Monster, but that doesn’t change the fact that we watched I, Frankenstein. Meanwhile Elliott reveals the secret sex fetishes of Archie Comics characters, we learn Stuart’s nicknames, and Dan asks the big metaphysical questions.

I_Frankenstein_Poster

Stitch Trek Into Darkness

Wikipedia synopsis for I, Frankenstein

The Granny
The Wages of Fear
Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay
What’s the Matter With Helen?

Tags: , , ,

June 14th, 2014

Frankenstein in this case being Adam Frankenstein. He took that last name of his creator, as is the custom for flesh golems from that region. It’s the story of Adam Frankenstein, not Dr. Frankenstein.

• Gzoref says:

Adam Frankenstein’s monster?

• Leass says:

Wouldn’t that be A. Frankenstein? I think this is about his brother, Irv.

• Garon says:

Actually, that’s a pretty common misconception about the story of this movie. It was really about Adam and Irv’s estranged sister, Irene Frankenstein, but it was changed to star Irv after Irene was found to have a massive drug problem and the studio executives didn’t want a massive media snafu.

2. Gzoref says:

I hadn’t heard of this, but watching the trailers, they didn’t have me at “From the producers of Underworld.”

3. ThisOneHere says:

All right! A third official recommendation for The Granny, one more an it’ll tie with The Invisible Maniac! Although, a little disappointed that it took three go-arounds for Shannon Whirry to finally be acknowledged, and still no mention of Andrew Stevens’ mom in the titular roll?

4. ThisOneHere says:

Elliott, still giving Dan a hard time about mentioning films he’d seen and liked but wasn’t going to recommend. Got to love the gall of a guy who can cheerfully break balls over something that he himself has literally done scores of times.

5. Zontar says:

So…is this film considered canon? If it is, can we still correct people who fail to refer to the monster as “Frankenstein?”

6. readertoo says:

Wow! A “Confederacy of Dunces” references, Dan! I am totally impressed!!

7. readertoo says:

Wow, Dan!! An “A Confederacy of Dunces” reference? I am totally impressed!!