Episode #123 – That’s My Boy

Caving to popular fan demand, the peaches review That’s My Boy, Adam Sandler’s follow-up to his Palme d’Or-winning Jack and Jill.  Meanwhile, Dan makes a touchingly pervazoidal heartfelt plea for unedited airplane films, Stuart reveals this movie’s unconventional filming process, and Elliott breaks Dan’s comedy heart.

0:00 – 0:32 – Introduction and theme.
0:33 – 36:29 – Samberg and Sandler. Together alphabetically, now joined in real life.
36:30 – 42:12 – Final judgments.
42:13 – 44:43 – Some housekeeping and plugs.
44:44 – 59:55 – Flop House Movie Mailbag
59:56 – 1:05:02 – The sad bastards recommend.
1:05:03- 1:06:30 – Goodbyes, theme, and outtakes.

Look at how mismatched those two are! They’re almost comically mismatched!

Wikipedia synopsis of That’s My Boy

Tags: , , , ,

April 6th, 2013

1. wildride says:

“I’m giving kids their first taste of boobs.”

No, no, I believe that would typically be their moms.

2. wildride says:

You’d think that at some point in his life, someone would’ve sat Andy’s character down and explained statutory rape to him so that he’d stop holding a grudge against the victim of a crime.

3. Dan McCoy says:

I DID say “well, technically second” right after that.

4. wildride says:

Did you? My mistake.

5. Joshie C says:

Leighton Meester should change her name to Leighton KEESTER because daaaaaaamn

6. Eric says:

I think Leighton Meester should change her name to Lincoln Minkers like Elliott suggested in the Country Strong episode. Same with Garrett Hedlund changing his name to Garamond Gooblegins.

7. Will C. says:

“Oxford, MS, sounds like a very studious part of MS.” Yes, it is. Hotty Toddy, guys. Anyways, love the show. Been listening for about a week now, going thru the archive, and this was the first time I felt the need to comment. Keep it up!

8. elsiekate says:

having tried with three different browsers, I think this episode’s link is broken–I play 13 seconds of it and then it scoots to the end :(.