Episode #222 – Home Sweet Hell

We have a homecoming to Katherine Heigl (a heiglcoming? no.) with a movie that truly no one remembered existed but Dan, Home Sweet Hell. Meanwhile Stuart gives us his SNL audition, Dan explains the secret origin of Georgian cuisine, and Elliott plays the game show that’s sweeping the nation.

Really selling this movie on the star power of Katherine Heigl and Patrick Wilson.

Wikipedia synopsis for Home Sweet Hell

Pennies from Heaven
Manchester by the Sea
Phantasm
Wishmaster

Tags: , , , , , ,

January 21st, 2017

1. Jacob says:

I honestly thought Elliot was doing a bit about the Noid, can’t believe I was unaware of that incident.

2. C says:

Many thoughts entered my mind while listening to this episode, but I’ll keep them brief to avoid being a drag:

1. Seth Brolyphant

2. I hope that, even though it was turned down for this episode, you guys still cover The Last Witch Hunter at some point. It’s one that I had been hoping for ever since I heard about the movie.

3. I haven’t seen this film, but the prefabricated housing you described would be either a shotgun shack or a double-wide, depending on its size.

4. Zippercooter. Zippercooter. Zippercooter.

5. Had anyone else made this error, I would have let it pass, but arch-pedant Elliott deserves this for his misguided “correction” of Dan’s truthful statement: A box with dry ice in it is chilled, but it is not refrigerated. Refrigeration is the transfer of heat out of an environment via a medium that is repeatedly condensed and expanded in a cycle (this repeated cooling action is what is referred to by “re-” “frigeration”). Dan, you are vindicated.

6. I assume that episodes can be recorded at any point in the two-week spans between them, but it was interesting to hear the still-fresh news of Miguel Ferrer’s death brought up in this one. Is this timeframe usual, or was this episode recorded on comparatively short notice?

Thanks for another great show.

3. Sam says:

Whatever Elliott is describing is not a dark comedy, it sounds more like a poorly made horror/gore movie with a few bad jokes thrown in.

If anyone is interested in good dark comedy I suggest: “Filth” with James McAvoy playing the lead, it also has a fantastic soundtrack. Rotten Tomatoes link: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/filth_2013/

4. oopsypoopsy says:

It’s a dark comedy.

5. Wright says:

I couldn’t not hear “Zippercooter” all through that announcement. I desperately wish for that to be the actual sponsor’s name.

6. Andi says:

Someone’s been keeping up with Dinosaur Train!

7. Pingback: Top Podcasts of the Month: The Boss, Bunheads, and Obama’s Last Interview | Consequence of Sound

8. Patrick Lim says:

Glad you guys like the sweet messenger bags!