Episode #14 – Bratz

We squander our newfound viral success by spending this episode talking about the movie Bratz. Meanwhile, Stuart solves an unsolvable math problem, Dan lauds the film’s convention-defying use of time, and Elliott gives the youth a lesson about teetotaling.

0:00 – 0:34 – Introduction and theme.
0:35 – 2:19 – A noble attempt at professionalism crashes and burns almost immediately. Also, we explain our mission statement.
2:20 – 40:37 – We giggle like grade-school girls over the Bratz movie.
40:38 – 43:34 – Final judgements.
43:35 – 54:38 – The sad bastards recommend.
54:39 – 57:37 – Podcasty business, goodbyes, theme, and outtakes.

Press the play button above to listen to this episode
Download Mp3

Wikpedia synopsis of Bratz.

Tags: , , , ,

April 21st, 2008

1. Chip Butty says:

Someone I met at my current job was an extra in this movie, as a generic Nerd in the Nerd Clique. He says they shot a scene that wasn’t used, in which the nerds ogle a comically oversized human anatomy book. I guess there were just too many plot threads to justify keeping such an extraneous moment!

2. Chip Butty says:

Also, thanks for the link

3. Dan McCoy says:

Only here at the Flop House can you get key behind-the-scenes Bratz stories, people!

4. K says:

You guys sound like the biggest nerds ever. I mean, D&D nerdy. Jeeze. Oh, and, I’m going to create the Greatest Logo Ever ™ for you, so that dad’s logo doesn’t ruin your site. *ooooohhhhhh… hi dad….* bye!

5. K says:

But, I still luvs your podcast, it’s funny… Dan, go to http://www.braingle.com, create an account, and play Werewolf. NOW. Or I’ll hit you. I mean…. heh… heh…

“Title card: two years later”. Why wouldn’t it be, I don’t know, two -weeks- later? The people who made this movie obviously -hated- it. I mean, -really- hated it.

6. K says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

7. Dan McCoy says:

My niece is apparently listening to me swear and drink via the magic of podcasting. Great. I mean, it’s my avuncular duty to lead my young charges astray, but still…

8. K says:

Talking bear that’s the talk of the town? Psh, you’re the biggest nerd -ever-. But we still luv you back here in MA.

9. K says:

And, what do you want your non-sucky logo to look like?

10. K says:

What does avuncular mean?

11. K says:

HHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO?????????????????

12. K says:

And, -Dad- introduced me to this. It’s nice to hear you care, though.

13. Dan McCoy says:

My niece, ladies and gentlemen! GOODNIGHT!

P.S. – Kate:

avuncular
    avun·cu·lar
    \ə-ˈvəŋ-kyə-lər\
    Function:
    adjective
    Etymology:
    Latin avunculus maternal uncle — more at uncle
    Date:
    1831

1 : of or relating to an uncle
    2 : suggestive of an uncle especially in kindliness or geniality (avuncular indulgence)

14. Four years later, and these comments still pack a punch.

15. Four years later, and these comments still pack a punch.

16. Pingback: Sollie's Jollies: The Flop House

17. Pingback: IMDb Bottom 100: Bratz: The Movie | Misan{trope}y

18. Pingback: The 13 Best Podcasts You Should Be Listening To

19. Pingback: Picnic at Hanging Rock | Monday Morning Movie Quarterback

20. Jeremy White says:

Eight years later, and these comments still pack a punch.

21. Tony Macaroni says:

It sounds as if Eliott was describing The Smurfs movie when he was pitching his script, but this was recorded before the smurfs right? I’m confused.