FH Mini #1: Unsolved Mysteries

Here’s a little thing we’re trying, sort of as a snack between episodes. Minisodes that are more tangent than show. On this first one, we ask: Goofy — what’s HIS deal?

exciting new wrinkle to the show.

Download the minisode directly HERE.

Tags: , ,

February 8th, 2020

1. Deku Shrub says:

The Flophouse has been killing it in 2020.

2. Tim says:

I hope you will decide to do more of these! We’ve just scratched the surface of whatever Duckberg’s whole deal is. Thats a multi-part series right there. Or you can confirm Giorgio that did tear off his own ding-dong!

• Gerald Fnord says:

I hope that you’ll do lots of these; I love the looser feel and getting to hear a tangent without bothering with a whole episode. (They could also make excellent fodder for Tony Ochre, if still a little too long as presented.)

3. E. says:

Loved this first mini version. Please do more.

4. Andi says:

If you count short cartoons as (sighgodhelpme) canon then Goofy did indeed have a wife and as the short Father’s Day Off would indicate, she was a total ho!

5. Edgar says:

Like the quick take on unsolved mysteries, didn’t Vern in Rob Reiner’s classic Stand by Me ask this very question? I believe they layered campfire flames over rapt faces without answering. Good job. Now how can we make you work for us on our unsolved mysteries?

6. M. Turyn says:

This is for me weird to see appear, because yesterday I was listening to an old Movie Minute (“Con Men”) and thought ‘Now that they’ve got an external producer, maybe they could do these again…though I gather they started doing them before to fill gaps when the episodes appeared less regularly.’ and was going to suggest today they consider it.

That’s good customer service.

7. Jellybean says:

Wasn’t expecting a First Law reference but it made me so happy

8. elsiekate says:

yes, please–more flophouse content is great!

9. swac says:

Have Goofy & Pluto ever appeared on screen together?

Reminds of how in Pinocchio, there’s Figaro, who is a “normal” cat, and then there’s J Worthington Foulfellow’s sidekick Gideon, an anthropomorphic cat that wears clothes and walks on his hind legs (but remains mute). Surely this seemed odd to Disney animators at the time?