Episode #225 – Max Magician and the Legend of the Rings

Why is this movie not in Smalltember? Well, Stu said he wanted to watch Max Magician for his birthday, and we all said “fuck it.” Meanwhile Dan doesn’t know which corpse to punch, Elliott suggests an alternate course for Teen Wolf, and Stu has no pants.

Take a look! It's in a book! Reading Rainbow!

Take a look! It’s in a book! Reading Rainbow!

NO WIKIPEDIA SYNOPSIS for this film. Does it EVEN EXIST?

Moonlight
The Edge of Seventeen
Lost Soul
My Night at Maud’s

Tags: , , , ,

March 4th, 2017

1. Andy says:

*Smallvember

2. Other Chris says:

Palpatine says “PLAGUE-ISSS” in the movie. It’s a play on words, like Maul, Tyrannus, Vader, and so many Star Wars names…

And Palpatine’s face wasn’t intended to just be “old.” He’s a grotesque husk. Using his scars as evidence of a Jedi overthrow is a plot point in the movie.
    You ever notice that the majority of folks who whine about the prequels don’t actually know what happened in the movies? Nerds are so disappointing.

• Pexington says:

You have to give credit to the prequel defense force for being as tedious and humorless as the movies they love.

3. Thursday says:

Hey, now! If Miami, Florida says it’s a winner, it’s good to be good!

4. Jamal says:

Smallvember, Smalltember or smalltober?

5. Samantha says:

Loving this episode!
    But, where can I find the ACLU fund-raiser stories you mentioned in this episode, Dan? I really want to support the cause, and thanks for doing it.
    (PS: Can you post a picture of yourself at the circus? That would make my day!)

6. Yeah, Lost Soul is amazing, and the utter lack of any mention of David Thewlis is kind of incredible. What kind of legal threats were made? Because everyone has a story about what an asshole Val Kilmer was, and it’s all in the movie, and while Rob Morrow doesn’t appear, he gets talked about. But if you just watched the documentary you’d have no idea that anyone replaced Rob Morrow. Since everyone must have talked about Thewlis in their interviews, what was said that couldn’t be allowed in the documentary? I’m so curious about the deleted footage!

7. Nathan J. says:

I was elated when I saw “Max Magician” in my podcast feed. Ever since I picked it up from a Walmart bargain bin in 2004, it’s been my personal favorite so-bad-it’s good movie.

Even the commentary track is gold. It’s surprisingly pretentious; the director seems blissfully unaware of anything that might be wrong with the movie, other than a few minor continuity errors.

I agree with your assessment regarding following the plot: It’s best to not even try.