Episode #143 – Battle of the Year

It’s the Flop House crew vs. the Dream Team in an all-out dance/bad movie fight to the finish, as we discuss Battle of the Year. Meanwhile, Stu challenges our missing co-host for synopsis supremacy, Dan discusses Vincent Van Gogh’s battle with his own body, and Hallie drops the world’s best rooster pun.

Battle_of_the_Year_2013

Tags: , , , ,

January 11th, 2014

See, he’s a B boy named Rooster, so you have to put the B in front, so he’s B Rooster=Bruised her.

This movie brought to you by Brawn: The generic concept of strength of muscle.

3. Dave says:

Uhh Eli Whitney was not black. Dan once again showing his long-forgotten character trait of being hella racist.

4. ThisOneHere says:

Any word yet on whether or not Sammy was a “Flophouse Baby”?

5. Dean Coster says:

In case we forget, here’s Gene Kelly being a B-Boy

6. El Santo says:

Awesome ep, guys! I know it’s probably not easy having Elliott around, what with him being the guy usually doing the recaps, but I thought Halley did great as usual! She even managed to get her own memorable running bit, which I don’t think other guests have managed to do. :)

7. Emily says:

Since sarcasm doesn’t come across in type, very happy to Elliott and wife for their baby who will always be Daniel Stuart Kallan for the floppers.

Trying to think of Flop House alumni in the Oscar nominees.

Sandra Bullock, Bradley Cooper both from All About Steve , Michael Fassbender from Jonah Hex, June Squibb from Atlas Shrugged: Part I

Any help with the others?

• ThisOneHere says:

Matthew McConaughey got macheteed in Lee Daniels’ The Paperboy. Sandra Bullock, Premonition. Julia Roberts and Bradley Cooper from Valentine’s Day (named after the day of the same name)and Limitless for the Bradley Cooper hat trick.

8. KellyAnne says:

Babies…meh. Let’s get some sweet pics of Stuart’s new kitten!

9. Brian B says:

Listening to this episode now… looked up Battle of the Year on IMDB. It delightfully informed me that people who liked this movie also liked After Earth, Getaway, Safe Haven, and Olympus Has Fallen.

I have to assume this is an example of the power of the Flophouse. What else could possibly link all those movies?

10. Geoff says:

As you know, I just discovered this podcast, and I’m listening to all the past episodes and making comments on old comment boards.

I think that Hallie is a great addition to the team, and I’d love to see her as a regular along with the other three. Well?