Episode #138 – Foodfight!

Hey, you guys ever think to yourself, “I like Toy Story, but I wish it could be more commercial, ugly, and frenetic?” Welcome to Foodfight! Meanwhile, Dan points out the movie’s one “goof,” Stuart brings it back to “Just One of the Guys,” and Elliott introduces his new “Southern Tin Tin Enthusiast” character.

Foodfight!_DVD_cover

With all of your favorite product mascots for half a second!

*** HE’S THE HOUSECAT CONTEST ***

The link to the greenscreen footage of the Original Peaches (and adjunct plum) can be found HERE, and you can download the Song of the Autumn (TM) for a small fee HERE. For fuller contest rules, check the blog section of the site.

Tags: , , , ,

November 2nd, 2013

Doc is here? Doc’s not here. Oh, Doc is her. OK

2. futuresushi says:

IM SO HAPPY. IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG. I’VE WATCHED THIS MOVIE A DOZEN TIMES AND I OWN IT ON DVD BECAUSE IT’S SO FASCINATING TO ME. THANK YOU

3. bea says:

im so happy oh my god. i was going to try to win the housecat contest so i could force you guys to watch this. im so glad foodfight is being shared with the world

4. Tintin fan says:

Was “Cat on Hot Tintin Roof” really unplanned? If so, well done. Also where is the link for the Las Vegas podcast awards? Did you consider writing up a blog post for it?

5. Jonathan Last name witheld says:

live streaming 24/7 at http://www.livestream.com/charliesheendog – this way you can watch it on loop.

6. J. Thunder says:

I wanted to avoid this episode because I heard about Food Fight from another podcast. I’m glad I changed my mind. I still have no interest in the movie, but your bits did not disappoint. I had to rewind Tennessee Williams’ Cat on a Hot Tin Tin Roof a few times.

Not surprisingly, a better movie than Food Fight was Elliott’s recommendation of Walker which I viewed last night. (Our prison library has a somewhat respectable Criterion Collection) That ending was gloriously insane.

This episode was indeed a Hall of Famer. Looking forward to your Attack of the Clones episode. I’ll be disappointed if you don’t use that old reliable joke involving George Lucas and childhood memory sodomy. It’s playing to the cheap seats, but our bitter disgruntled generation loves it.

7. Brendan says:

Hope you don’t mind – I took the liberty of excerpting the magic Tin Tin bit – https://archive.org/details/TheFlopHouseCatOnAHotTinTinRoof.

8. Ryan says:

Wanted to point out the one IMDB review, which reads suspiciously like a sockpuppet: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur39353673/comments

My new mantra: “To those of you who are skeptical, remember: never judge a movie until you’ve seen it at least five times.”

9. Lisa says:

Awesome episode, although it did prompt me and my best friend to sit down and watch Foodfight for ourselves, which was arguably one of the dumbest shenanigans we’ve gotten up to so far.

About the Last Unicorn book vs. movie: Peter Beagle fought very hard for creative control over the script, so it’s an extremely faithful adaptation. (Christopher Lee, who voiced King Haggard, came in to recordings with a copy of the book and announced that there were certain lines that must not be cut; if they were, he said, he’d walk off the project.) I’d definitely advocate giving the book a try if you love the movie!

10. Kerry Maxwell says:

Why does IMDB credit Adam Hunter as Vlad Chocool? Wikipedia lists Larry Miller as Elderly Gay Bat. Which one is it?